See schedule of events. The day will include:
- Screening of Documentary about John Wort Hannam (MASC Grand Prize winner
- Performance workshop by Lani a'Kea and Danny Dean of the Watch;
- Chord Grammar workshop by Matt Holsen;
- Painting pictures with words and music with Mike Ryan;
- Ukelele workshop with Glen Hirabayashi of The Aloha Boys;
- vocal exercises and harmonies workshop by Peter Schmitt, MCPS Chorus Director
- song circles, networking, boring speeches by the president,
- networking, dinner, and more performances!
FREE for all. Please register.
Get Involved:Buzz). Receive discounts on the Mid-Atlantic Song Contest and more.
Be the first to hear about upcoming SAW events by following the official SAW Facebook page. Maintained by our Communications Director and select board members.
Join the SAW Facebook Group to tap into member activity and post your own news.
The Songwriters' Association of Washington supports the art, craft, and business of aspiring and established songwriters. Put your tax-deductible contribution where your heart is.
Use the new Member Notes blog to post your news, achievements, gigs, special offers, etc.
The SAW Mission
The Songwriters’ Association of Washington (SAW) is a community of aspiring and professional songwriters dedicated to cultivating excellence in song craft. Established as a non-profit organization in 1979, SAW continues to develop, promote, and encourage songwriters through education, networking, and performance opportunities throughout the Washington DC metropolitan area.
People of all ages and musical backgrounds join SAW to become better songwriters, find collaborators, learn about the business and craft of songwriting, showcase and strengthen their performance and musical skills, and make lifelong friends.
New in the Notes
New in the Member Notes